Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Butterflies

I miss being young jumpy and going gaga over crushes.

Butterflies in my stomach,

Soaring up high,
The way you make me feel,
I could never deny.

When you smile at me
It brightens up my day,
But when I look at you,
You seem to turn away.

I try to reach to you,
My scream is loud yet quiet.
I'm floating on a cloud,
Then suddenly its night.

Realization shows me something,
You will never see,
That day by day your love
Is what I need to breathe.


Butterflies in my tummy,
you make my legs go funny,
you fill me with desire,
you set my heart on fire.

Feelings I can't handle,
Destroy me like a vandal,
Wanted you for so long,
Never thought this day would come.
And now I get a text from you,
Telling me what you would like to do,
To finally accept these feelings,
Accept life's dealings.

A love blossoming like a flower,
I'm bowled over by the power,
The feelings and thoughts through my mind,
You my friend and love are one of a kind.

No comments: