Sunday, March 22, 2009

Taking people for granted

Taking people for granted. Is it something completely inevitable? Are we that blind and ignorant to overlook certain things people do out of care and concern? What we see as tiny twiny unimportant and "ah-I-cant-be-bothered" things may matter a LOT for some people. This is not about making mountains out of mole hills. Its respecting and appreciating gestures. Genuine at heart they may be but that does not mean they wouldn't have any expectations. For, who lives without expectations? Though we all know pretty well that expectation, when not met leaves you with pain, we cant run away from it. Addiction it has become. We are no saints!

Why am I grouching and whining about all this now? Last week many things happened and one of it made me feel as though I was taken for granted. As much as I felt angry and betrayed, it made me think. I have to accept the bitter truth of how much I have been neglecting this one other person which leaves me feeling ashamed, heartless and tainted with guilt. I which I had a backspace key with me so that I can go back, erase off and rewrite a few parts of my life, especially the ones where I should have treated you better. I am sorry.. Extremely.

We care about people who don't care, and don't care about people who care! How true!

No comments: